[Dailydrool] Roomba

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 6 13:59:16 PST 2014

Hi all, Snoopy here,

I see where other droolers are considering adopting a Roomba (aka alien).  We are currently fostering one and I have to say the little fellow doesn't have much personality.  In fact he sleeps most of the day.  He wakes up for an hour or so, wandering around the house under beds and couches and such going whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  He's a bit pushy, if you get in front of him he will give you a little shove but it's no big deal really.  The first couple of times he did it to me I ahroooooo'd at him but by now I am used to him and I just ignore it.

He is a cute little fellow and the three of us don't mind him much.  He wears this diaper like thing and when he is running around the house the clueless momPerson will punch his button and empty his diaper maybe 2 or 3 times over the course of the hour he wanders around, because he fills up fast.  If she isn't home then Roomba gets full before he finishes the whole house and simply goes back to bed.   He cleans wood floors and kitchen mats and gets under everything.

Having Roomba around does NOT make up for vacuuming with a real machine AT LEAST once or twice a week.  The cute little fellow does get places where the big machine can't reach but it doesn't do nearly as deep a cleaning as the bigger machine.

More later from Snoopy
with LuLu and Gracie and now Roomba who will probably wind up being another foster failure knowing the clueless momPerson