[Dailydrool] Stranger Danger not

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 02:36:18 PST 2014

I have a blue jacket with a Belgian embroidered on the back and a black
winter jacket and I have been wearing the former when the weather is nippy.
But the other morning it was downright cold so I dragged the black one out
of the closet, put it on and went out to pick up the yard and wish the dogs
good morning
As I came around the corner of the summerhouse, Conley saw me first and
froze. I watched in amazement as the ears flared and the hackles rose.
Behind him, Doc froze in position, one foot lifted, ears snapped clear
foreward. I stopped.
>From Conley rose a clear and steady growl and his whole body stiffened.
Tail up, hackles up, ears up, on tippy toes. Doc had began to backstep,
never taking his eyes off me. I was trying not to laugh, but instead I said
"It's me, you idiots!"
Conley went into a barking frenzy. Doc took off, across the yard circling
back--- I looked dangerous, but all the same there was something familiar---
And Llewis, wagging his tail happily, sidled over to greet me putting an
end to the whole thing. When the brown truck came, it only left one
package, and the others were too busy with their testosterone and guarding
to pick it up. So Llewis got it. And he's keeping it.

MomPerson to Llewis (hi Mom) Conley (Stranger stranger stranger!!!) and Doc
(oh jeez, run!)