[Dailydrool] Harley goes Dalmation

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 17:30:23 PST 2014

We are having the foundation of our house strengthened and pinned down to the rock ledge beneath it. The house is up on stilts and was not previously tied down, so that with each earthquake in our area, it walked a bit across the yard. One day the house might have walked off its underpinnings entirely so this was a needed project.

Harley has been assisting the workmen by providing companionship, stealing their lunches so they don't get fat, and inspecting the trash left behind in garbage bags after they knock off for the day.  Well, yesterday, Harley seems to have burrowed into a bag containing discarded black paint brushes, and well. He came in today dressed in Dalmation. He has large black spots all over his face, head, and shoulders (he is otherwise almost all white). Very fetching, and I suspect, very long-lasting.