[Dailydrool] I am doing OK

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Tue Nov 25 12:38:35 PST 2014

Shannon:

I know how you feel about reading about hounds who have gone to the
Bridge. Ever since we lost three in a single year, I have had a hard
time reading about bassets who have gone there. I used to write
condolences a lot more often, but since we lost our original pack,
that's hard for me. Though it's been years since we lost them, it still
hurts so much when I see that someone else has lost a hound.

Sometimes I simply cannot read about such things. So I skip them on the
Drool. It's not that I don't care about those who have lost hounds, but
it hits too tender a spot.

So please don't stop reading the Drool because you cannot read these
things. Simply skip them and read those things that do not hurt so
badly. I'm sure people will understand. In time, you may be able to
write a few condolences.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets