[Dailydrool] Happy Torkie day

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 07:37:12 PST 2014

I just wanted to wish my drool family a very happy Torkie day,  nothing
special here,  hubby doing the cooking,  I am pretty well down  in the legs and
back, not much good for anything except barking orders  !!!!!!  now if I
could just get someone to listen.

my Maggie is pretty lame,  I have had her to 2 different vets and 4  sets
of ex-rays, she has severe arthritis  in her left elbow. this has been  an on
going problem for years, but has reached the point of severity.  my  one
vet, said it looked like her elbow had been crushed with a hammer.   they have
NOT ruled out  the possibility of cancer, but they dont see  cancer at this
time, she has NOT been able to walk in over a week, Bill pretty  much
carries her in and out of the house, she was on rimadryl and Tramadol for  pain
and it was NOT helping,  so my old vet took her OFF the rimadryl and  put her
on Cortisone  for the next 2 weeks and he increased her tramadol to  three
times a day.  she actually walked onside on her own this  morning.  I read
an article in my " Whole Dog Journal "  about adding  turmeric  to her diet.
I am thinking of trying it on myself  also.  has anyone else used this
before ????  My  bad back  is completely trashed from trying to help my Maggie,
now hubby has  to take  care of two of us  for instead of just one.

has anyone ever used a neopreme leg brace  on their bassets ?

love & hugs   Marlene