[Dailydrool] Sampson and Buster

Chris jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 09:01:50 PST 2014

Sampson gave us quite a stir today I thought he was bloating, I gave him a
Gas x and rushed him to the vet the X rays looked good but he definitely is
having a gut problem. His gut shakes when you touch it he may have an
intestinal irritation with his irritable bowel, but the Xrays showed no
twisting and the Gas X probably helped the vet said but he had to get a shot
for calming the gut and has some pain pills to take. Tramadol. He is resting
now.

Busters bloodwork finally came back the lab forwarded it to a Pathologist
and they think Buster may have leukemia or lymphoma but when we sent an
aspiration from his lymph nodes they came back normal so we are perplexed.
His thyroid is very low so we are treating the thyroid and will do another
blood panel in 30 days.  The vet says maybe if the thyroid is not working it
could make his whole metabolism out of whack and that is why his white blood
cells and lymphocytes are so high.

We have been to the vet five times this past week with Cinch, Stewie,
Stinky, Buster, & Sampson,  and looks like more vetting in our near future
but we just want to keep these hounds safe and comfortable throughout the
rest of their lives.