[Dailydrool] chomping continued

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:18:40 PDT 2014

Okay, I really thought all the chomping was completely stress related in
Bugsey. Now I am beginning to wonder. He is my most laid back and brave
basset. But, things have been total chaos with the move. We had to get a
house ready to be put on the market. It was a company relocation so they
made us have all these extra people to the house. All the inspections were
done ahead of time and we had to have weird people over to fix everything.
Then we moved and we bought a fixer upper and we have had nothing but
strange people through here since we moved here. So I figured the chomping
was stress related. It has gotten better of late, but I figured if anyone
was going to acclimate to strangers in and out with all kinds of equipment,
it would be Bugsey.

Then everyone started writing in about tummy troubles and chomping. So as
full disclosure, I have to add that his acid reflux got really bad when we
got up here and I called the old vet and we decided to put him on prilosec.
He has now been on it 60 days and he has gone from throwing up 5+ times a
day (before it was 3-4 times a week) to (knock on wood) none. He is still
the worst about eating some weird thing Browyn digs up in the yard. Then we
need cerenia.

I thought the two things were totally unrelated (chomping and vomiting),
but after all the responses, I am not so sure. Just in case this sheds any
more light.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess