[Dailydrool] Dead squirrel warning

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Oct 23 18:22:18 PDT 2014

Picture a long, narrow room, the sunroom, which I use as my office and where
the back door is and the pet door going into the back yard.  Picture 4 big
brown dog beds, one on the west end of the room and three on the east end of
the room, right where the door is that goes into the den and the rest of the
house.  Now picture one dog on the west pet bed, and three dogs on the east
pet beds.  All sleeping.  Along with a dead squirrel that's stretched out on
the edges of two pet beds.  Now picture Mama carefully picking her way
between the sleeping hounds, about to step on the dead squirrel.  What??!!!
A dead what??!!!  My cats used to kill squirrels daily when they were young
(they were all feral kittens we trapped and tamed), but they're all too old
now.  So I'm wondering if after several years of trying Sister Bea the
Squirrel Chasing Dog might have actually caught one?  If so, guess it's good
to cleanse extremely stupid squirrels from the gene pool.  Oh well.  I keep
little bitty bathroom size trash bags for body disposal (voice of many years
of sad experience here).  Paper towel - pick up body or body bits and pieces
- put in bag, use twist tie to close - put body bag in large upright freezer
- dispose of bag with frozen remains on trash day.  We have photos.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net