[Dailydrool] September $5 Friday - Debbie's Dawgs

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Mon Sep 1 18:40:04 PDT 2014

This coming Friday, September 5th, is $5 Friday!  This month
we are supporting Hounds Haven Basset Rescue - they have
taken in several expensive seniors and have vet bills of about
$6000 for these hounds.

Here's information on 4 of the hounds - I'll post about the
other 3 in a day or so.  Pictures of all of the hounds can
be seen here:

 https://plus.google.com/photos/111198151302443873829/albums/6049070274047234769?authkey=CLGXm6ikwOWHTg

Peggy Sue-
Peggy Sue is an 8 year old black and white spayed female who came in extremely ill, badly needed a dental, and had a previously injured/infected eye that had been left untreated for over two years by her previous owners who said they found her on the side of the road.  She worked her way to IA and had 8 teeth were removed, her infected eye removed and her bloodwork values were off so she required additional testing for Cushing's Disease.  She has luckily tested negative for Cushing's currently, but her levels were high enough to warrant another round of testing in 6 months and she's done well with recovery of her enucleation.  The eye removal hasn’t slowed her down one bit.   She is the SWEETEST girl ever.  We are fortunate to have a wonderful adopter for her and I know they will love her with their entire beings…but their adoption donation of $200 covers minimal vetting expenses L

Maggie-
Maggie is a 11 year Red & White sweetie pie!  She was surrendered to HHBR after living in the same family for her entire 11 years.  After the humans separating in the relationship and the man of the relationship taking his two dogs with him, it was learned that Maggie has severe separation anxiety and has chewed her way out of a wire crate and can get out of any type of outdoor fencing and will take off in search of any kind of company.  She loves her people and can be settled by the presence but she is ultimately a houndette that prefers the company of another dog in her home.  She is a petite little girl at only 36 lbs. and that 36 lbs. is packed full of love, kindness.  We went into Maggie’s vetting this past Friday 8/15 thinking we just needed to do a routine bloodwork panel, dental-minor due to previous vets notes, and her Rabies vaccination and fecal….she was current on all vaccinations by previous owner.  Maggie’s teeth were in worse condition than expected and Maggie is now recovering from the loss of 19 (yes NINETEEN) teeth L

Harley-Age 11 & Dexter-Age 7
This father and son dynamic duo are HHBR’s newest bonded pair.  They are victims of divorce and have lived their lives on a farm here in IA as outdoor only hounds with no vetting since their neuter when Harley was 4 and Dexter was 6 months old.  They are the SWEETEST boys with surprisingly great indoor manners and personalities that make them shine.  They are both incredibly bonded to each other and we will not separate them. They adore other dogs, Harley likes to chase cats but Dexter ignores the puff balls.  They ADORE children!  Both boys have had dentals, treated for whipworms, deflead, bathed, bathed and then bathed again, HW tested, vaccinations.  Harley had a severe bacterial and yeast infection in his ears that has been treated and his ears have cleared up well, but he is hard of hearing L (no it’s not just the basset stubbornness). We are fortunate to have a previous adopters that will be welcoming these boys home in early September but we are only asking for a minimal adoption donation of $250, and their previous owner was able to donate $200 towards their care when being surrendered.

From March through August, Debbie's Dawgs has donated just
over $12,000.00 to rescues to help with the care of senior bassets
who need that extra attention.  Your donation of just $5 goes such
a long way when combined with everyone else's contribution.  If
you've not donated before,  I promise  you it is very rewarding to
be a part of helping these hounds.  This is an amazing event and
I know Debbie is thrilled with what we're doing with just $5!!

You can paypal your donation to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com
If you prefer to send a check, please make it out to Hounds
Haven Basset Rescue and contact me off list for an address.

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny