[Dailydrool] Apparently a tree did have to fall on Pawtunia.

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 06:30:36 PDT 2014

It is me. Pawtunia. I'm okay, I thought I'd woof ya about my not so little adventure this week. Did you ever hear the expression that a tree doesn't have to fall on me? One did. On Sunday, the slaves took Rusty and me to the park. There is a little lake with a path around it. Rusty and I were sniffing along and there was a loud crack followed by a whoosh. I'm told a big dead tree cracked off at the base and fell on my head. I'm also told I was unconscious, tongue hanging out (How unqueenly!) and that I started having nasty seizures on the way to the emergency vet. The slaves thought I was going to see Aunt Feyfey at the bridge......... but the emergency vets did a good job and gave me stuff for the seizures and for my brain swelling........they had to do that for a coupla days. My tongue is a little bruised from biting it and my nose was bleeding.

I got home Tuesday! They say I'm a tough little bitch......and it didn't land on my back where I had surgery last year. I made her hand feed me the first night, but she did make me mac n cheese and it smelled so good this morning that I had to eat my bowl. Once she added some crunchy stuff on top. Last night I made the he slave add all sorts of things, then try putting my food on a plate. I finally decided to picnic....made him dump it on the floor before I would eat it. Then I got to watch him clean up.

The bad news. Vet lady said no Ramble for me this weekend. I'm not supposed to stress for a week or two. Like I stress....but she said no trip or being out in hot weather. I think I will let Rusty go. More treats for me and I can spend the weekend on the couch with he slave. Hope I get the clicker he watches too much football. There must be something on the fashion channel. I'll miss the Ramble. I won the last 4 costume contests and was hoping to do so again. Next year.

Scared the daylights out of my slaves, my breederslaves and some of my Aunties. Thank you all for the prayers and drool and crossed paws. I'm not outta here, yet!

Tunes