[Dailydrool] Harrison B. Hound

Trish S tlsclm2008 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 06:14:31 PDT 2014

I'm terribly sorry for the delay in posting this as I know many of you knew Harrison from his occasional postings. He hadn't posted in quite some time, which is my fault as my work schedule had been unusually crazy. He missed posting and often said that he needed to reach out to the drool for support with his momma's bad behavior, such as feeding abandoned/orphaned baby skunks. He also missed chatting with his girlfriends Miss Tilly and Miss Baloo. Again, Momma's fault as I didn't give him the password to get on to the computer when I was gone at work.

I posted this on Facebook earlier this week and thought I'd share it with you all. You all have been so kind to me with your words of comfort and support. I will be replying to you all in the coming days.

It's very difficult for me to write this, but my sweet Harrison passed away Saturday night (9/6). We had a wonderful day on Saturday. We went for a long walk, he rolled in the grass, I loved on him, he ate his dinner and things started going downhill afterwards. He started acting peculiar and his stomach was extended. I thought he was bloating and took him to the emergency vet. He was running a high fever and by then was in a lot of pain. They gave him medicine for the pain, ran tests and took X-rays. The X-rays revealed he had a large tumor on his spleen that burst. I was shocked that he had cancer. I laid with him and loved on him before making the decision to say goodbye. I was with him when he took his last breath. I'm missing my sweet boy terribly. He was my companion and best friend.

In the too short of time he was with me: 4 years, 5 months and 2 days, we were only apart for 4 of those days. He was my only child as he had so many special needs, but it didn't matter to me, I loved him so much and I'm comforted in knowing that he knew it. I have so many good memories of him.

I picked up his remains last night and brought him home to be with me. They gave me a precious clay round of his gigantic paw that I will always treasure.

You're free my sweet boy, free of pain, free of fears and free to eat as much as your heart desires. I will be with you again one day and we will love, romp, play and be together for eternity.

Sending love and kind thoughts to you all,
Tricia