[Dailydrool] also known as.........

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:37:49 PDT 2014

Hello,

A friend of mine from high school, Julie, has been staying with me because
she recently underwent knee surgery. It was easier for her to get in and
out of my house, because she could use the wheelchair ramp that I have.
Babe and Boomer have always liked Julie, and she them. I didn't realize
just how well she knew them until this morning.

Boomer and Babe let me sleep in today until almost 9:30. So, I jumped up,
swallowed my meds, let the kids out, got their breakfast, and let them back
in. Normally, they get lunch around 11-11:30. They were mulling around by
the back door, when I heard Julie ask if they wanted out. I said no, what
they want is to E A T, but since they had breakfast so late, I'm gonna push
it later by an hour, if Babe will let me. (Babers is VERY pushy when it
comes to eating.

Julie then turned to me, as she hobbled with her cane, and said that they
were great time pieces. She said "You might call them dogs, but really,
they are just clocks with feet!" How true, how true. Short clocks with
feet....right? LOL

My heart goes out to those of you that have lost a hound, or a human. I am
so sorry to see so many that I care about suffering. Drool, and sad aroo's
to you that need it.

Julie also brought with her a c a t, but that's for another letter. I hope
that you are well, I don't write often, but yuou are always in my thoughts.
You are all such dear friends!!

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe
Boomer
"awful awnry" Arnie ATB
Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)
Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604