[Dailydrool] blindness

Barbara Stacey barbara.stacey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 25 13:20:54 PDT 2014

Hi,  rarely post but have a question.  My Elmo is 9  and is going blind.  He has diabetes and that might be a contributing factor.  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to help him with his sight loss.  He can find treats if I put them right under his nose.  He knows where his food bowl, water, and crate are.  He uses the doggie door but seems to be lost when he gets outside.  Any help would be appreciated.  I seem to remember someone mentioning a group for owners of blind dogs but it was a long time ago.  Thank you.