[Dailydrool] Gracie checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 29 15:49:15 PDT 2014

Hi it's Gracie,

Our mommy went someplace yesterday and came home smelling like cat food.  Snoopy says that smell is something called "the beach" but I am telling you if there is a place called "the beach" it smells like cat food.  Snoopy claims to have been to this place but then Snoopy makes a lot of claims and I'll believe it when I see it.  So far, I haven't seen it.  I should mention that I don't like to ride in the car and I don't like water and I don't care for strangers and so the likelihood of my going to this "beach" place, if it exists, is rather small.

Anyway mommy came home sweaty and tired and smelling like cat food so she took a shower and then she laid down and of course we bassets needed to take a nap with her so a commotion ensued.  There is a step stool in either side of the big bed but LuLu only uses the one on the left hand side of the bed anymore, she says the one on the right hand side of the bed is too hard to use for some reason ..... we don't ask LuLu a lot of questions .... she used to use both, now she only uses one.  If LuLu gets up there first then Snoopy has to use the step stool on the other side because she will bed guard on him and in return if Snoopy gets up there first he will purposely lay down right in front of the only step stool LuLu can use and snark her if she tries to come up.  None of this matters to me, I don't need a step stool I can leap up anyplace on the bed I want .... and I do.

Still, anytime mommy lays down we have a commotion because all of the bassets need to lay down where she is and be touching her and she needs to sort out any snarking and make sure everybody has a spot which is soft and warm and touching mommy.

We are high maintenance but we are so worth it.

Love,
Gracie of the West, fundraiser extraordinaire and Pawtunia's apprentice, who would like to thank everyone who voted for LuLu and bid on stuff on facebook for LuLu in the calendar contest. She is still in first place but the margin is closing and it's getting kind of scary, I hope she makes the top 12 ..... vote for LuLu at:  https://services.gladstone-tech.com/seniorhoundsabound/product.php?id_product=1326