[Dailydrool] Harley of Hawaii checking in

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Apr 17 21:15:35 PDT 2015

aloha, this is Harley of Hawaii checking in.

I am still with you all and in good spirits. the treatment that my slaves settled on is intravenous high dose Vitamin C transfusions. they do this treatment at Daphneyland for cancer patients. My vet here consulted his vet school and a bunch of veterinary oncologists and changed the protocol a bit--upping the concentrations of ascorbic acid and the frequency of treatments. so this week I've been in to the office three days in a row, which could have been awful, but in fact has not been. the IV takes two hours. I suffer from both claustrophobia and separation anxiety--alwys have--too many different homes and too much crating back before I found my forever home--so my mom negotiated a good deal for me. No cages, and my mom and I get to sit together for the whole treatments. So my vet sets out a picnic blanket on the floor of the treatment room for mom and me, hooks up the IV, and mom strokes and rubs my belly and chats with me for a couple of hours while I alternately nap, cuddle, or watch with interest the vet techs scurrying around and the occasional cat or dog led by to the back treatment room. I must say, I kind of like it and don't object at all to going in. the only problem is I need to pee pretty much by the end of the second hour and leak a little--drip drip drip in, drip drip drip out. but everyone loves me and I have mom all to myself, no real discomfort, a little boring, but not bad. so I am hanging in there. big appetite. Spring in my step. I definitely think I can keep this up awhile longer.  Harley. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com