[Dailydrool] Good thoughts for Lewis

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Apr 30 13:49:45 PDT 2015

We are going through something similar with Daisy. It has
been a struggle to get her to eat all her life, but last
month she pretty much stopped eating altogether. Doc did
blood work, UA, ultra sound. Can't find anything. She
started eating boiled chicken and rice then stopped that.
Doc said to switch her from Pepsid to Prilosec, and within
a day she started eating again - chicken and rice, I've
been gradually adding a little kibble and decreasing the
chicken and rice and she's been eating good until this
morning. I think I put in too much kibble and not enough
chicken and rice, then when I got home at noon she had
gone No.2 all the way down the hall. Doc thinks there may
be something that he can't see with the ultra sound and
suggested doing exploratory surgery. Since she is 15 we
opted to just keep trying with the chicken and rice. Her
teeth are horrible too, but I don't want to do a dental.
She is down to about 35 pounds.
Ann