[Dailydrool] Got a call today

Chris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 1 15:10:36 PDT 2015

Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. is getting a 15 year old female whose
owner is losing their home and have not been able to vet the poor dog the
past year this girl has a cyst that needs removed too. I have not seen her
yet but told the man we would take her. He has a month to move and told me
he could not afford her vetting his vet charges around $200.00 for shots and
HW test. I said my vet charges the same. I will be getting her soon he
swears she has been on HW preventative ( I hope so). I feel sorry for the
dog who has lived in one home for 15 years and now has to come to a home
with six Bassets and one Basset wanttobe. She most probably needs a dental
too. We will see. I will get pics as soon as we get her. I have so many
older ones that I do not even put on the Rescue website because they have
been here too long I think it might devastate them to move at this late
point in their lives. Flo is actually 12 and she is at home with us now but
has only been here about three months. I do not see her going anywhere
though she barks almost all night long and sleeps all day. Sampson is also
12 I see him having more and more problems with his arthritis pain and
irritable bowel I am not sure how much longer he will be with us. He does
love his food though and is very verbal at certain times of the day if I am
late with his feedings. LOL.
 chris at wmbri.org