[Dailydrool] Higgins' snorting

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 10 03:33:43 PDT 2015

Recently, when I took Dex to the vet, I mentioned that he had a rather
cracked nose. I didn't figure it was a big deal, so I'd waited until he
had a regular vet visit. He'd also been snorting, but it's something
he'd done since he had his glaucoma surgery, and I figured it was no big
deal. During the spring it seemed worse, so I figured it was allergy
related.

I was shocked when the vet told me he had an infection--the last thing I
would have expected. Of course, if I'd known that, he would have been in
to the vet's a long time ago.

His nose has been rather sensitive to the touch and is slowly getting
better on antibiotics, He certainly seems to be smelling better. We have
another vet visit on Thursday, and I hope the vet will see improvement,
since that will be the end of the drugs.

If any of this seems to fit his symptoms, I think I'd take Higgins to
the vet's.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets