[Dailydrool] Eyelids and other stuff

Leah McConnell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Aug 12 21:09:16 PDT 2015

I took Pebbles to the vet today to get her nails trimmed and a gunky eye
looked at. The eye had been looked at in April because the area around it
was wet all the time. In the last week or so it was also getting gunky. She
has a saggier than normal lower eyelid and her third eyelid is rolled
under. The vet said the cartilage was weak. She is going to talk to the
doggy ophthalmologist and get back to me with a plan. She talked about
tightening up the lower eyelid. She thinks the surgery can be done at their
office in conjunction with a dental and cyst removal to help keep the cost
down. They are very reasonable and will let me make payments if I have to.
I was going to get the dental and cyst taken care of in October when I
would have 3 weeks of dog sitting money but it looks like sooner is better
than later. She did check the cornea and it is okay.  Has anyone had
experience with this?

For the first year after Maggie went to the bridge she used to come
visiting. I would see a shadow walking across the hall to the bedroom, hear
her collar jingling, hear her barking  and feel her presence. One night I
felt something brush against my cheek and they are a few times she jumped
on the bed. The visits slowed down after Pebbles came to stay.

Drool to all who need it.

Leah slave to Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound and Maggie ATB
leahkmcconnell at gmail.com