[Dailydrool] gumpiness and basset xrays

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 24 12:52:22 PDT 2015

Hi all, every clueless momPerson here, Well I'm back from Santa Barbara, having completed my first ever long course triathlon.  There was a great white shark attack TWO DAYS before my race in Santa Barbara, the suckers are following me up and down the coast.  Missed me, missed me .... neiener neiener neiener .... so there!!! As to basset xrays when I first adopted the Snoopy the vet warned me that basset xrays look like cartoon xrays with all the space in between the bones and joints.  They sent Snoopy's xrays out and said his hips were near total collapse (the bridge) ..... vet said ignore them ..... 5 years later he is still jumping all over creation .... he's 10 now .... yeah ..... don't believe what they tell you about xrays.  In December Snoopy (briefly) went down in the back over a bad jump down off of a bed   I took him in and his vet found the injured spot .... no disc injury (thank DOG) and she gave him a shot of muscle relaxer and put him on pills for that and pain and he was fine.  The other vet from the office called on Monday distraught .... she had the professional read of the xrays in hand and they were telling her his hips were gone and he'd never walk again and I told her it was taking everything in my power to keep him from jumping up on furniture and I was cutting back the pain meds to keep him from charging all over the house and she was like "he walking???  Really he is able to walk??"     Yes he is, the clever little dickens was up on the counter stealing the other half of my husbands sandwich just yesterday .... sheesh. And as for Bugsey grabbing Browyn's ear Snoopy said it is in the manual, that is how you discipline your little sister and remind her you are her boss, you grab her ear and don't let go.  For the record the ONLY time Snoopy has actually made a scratch on the ear was when we tried to pry his jaw open, a squirt bottle aimed right between the eyes will make him let go and then we have no nicks or hurt feelings (he gets mad at US instead of madder at her). Good luck,Dale aka the every clueless momPerson who was NOT eaten by any white sharts .... again