[Dailydrool] ALoha. I'm Mariah.

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 24 18:00:47 PDT 2015

Aloha everyhoundie,
  I'm Mariah, new houndette in Hawaii. I arrived on the wind day before yesterday. It is really different here. In California I lived on a ranch with seventy other hounds and lots of people too--never a dull moment. Excitement, noise, adoring fans. Outside it was dry and sunny and dusty with snakes and squirrels to chase.
  Then there is here. I seem to have arrived just as a hurricane is passing these islands, and it's been pouring rain for the past two days and is supposed to continue for a week. Everything is emerald green and wet. There's only one other houndette. we get along fine but I wish she'd play with me more. sometimes she does, and I chase her.  I can sit on an outdoor porch and look at the ocean, and when the sun was out for awhile yesterday, I discovered these cool little things called geckos both inside the house and out and they are really fun to chase (even if there aren't any snakes or squirrels here). There are fluffy dog beds everywhere and a big yard, and a hole in the wall so I can come in or go out anytime I want all day or night, but it sure is quiet compared to California. On the good side, I get to ride in the car a lot, there are lots of pets and walks, and the other houndette tells me I will have fans here too since the staff at both the fish restaurant and the fabric store are eager to meet me and pet me. Bill and Val seem nice. Bill always carries dog biscuits in his pockets and hands them out--I haven't figured out his system yet, except he doesn't want me on top of the tables. I am told that a whippet mix and a fuzzy froo-froo mix come over to play, but I haven't met them yet because of all the rain.
  So that's my new life here so far. Can't wait for our first outing to the beach and the fish restaurant. I'm looking forward to meeting all you houndies on the Drool. Hi, Auntie Dawn, I miss you. Love, Mariah