[Dailydrool] balls, ears and a lot of thank you

Jacquelynn Chazey via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 28 14:14:45 PDT 2015

This talk of the green ball makes my heart melt as Jean Paul was the ball
master at our house.  He loved a particular brand of soft ones, and he
would squeak all day long.  When we were in the yard, it was his joy to
demand the ball toss, he would run, fetch and drop said ball far enough
away that if I was relaxing in a chair I would have to get up to fetch it
for him.  I guess he was a personal trainer for me, leading by example that
moving and exercise were better than sitting.  It is almost his two year
anniversary since he went to the bridge.  He is still an enormous part of
my heart.  Miss those kisses big guy.

Ears...  Pierre jr. came to me with terrible ears, and for the most part
this is what cleared him up.   The ear wash TrizEDTA, followed by cleaning
and then treating with Posatex.  His ears have been great since, although
once, when he had a flair up, he had them packed with something by the Vet.
Long story short, I haven't needed to replenish these products so I don't
know about their availability.

Oddly, Pierre Sr. (ATB, and his besties, JP and Pumpkin have joined him),
had horrific allergies, and yet, he had the cleanest ears of any of my
hounds.

I hardly post to the DD, and I hardly post Facebook, but I have noticed
that I have had a lot of wonderful birthday messages on Facebook.  I send
thank you for this.  I think many who sent notes are on both lists.  I
prefer to dialogue with this list rather than Facebook, and I will pm
everyone eventually.

It is three weeks away from the first anniversary of Mom's passing, and my
grief has been all over the place.  I really get "stuck" sometimes, and
then I have a burst of trying to get over myself.

I just want to say thank you to those who try to keep in touch while I am
having a really hard time.

Hugs and woofs,

Jackie and the herd who, knock on wood, seem fairly stable, including
recovering well Nigel and no longer lame Pierre jr.  The girls rock, hardly
ever a problem with them.