[Dailydrool] Thundershirsts

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 31 19:24:06 PDT 2015

Hi Sally,

Adding my one cent, trying to help.
My parents dog was scared of loud noises, and not knowing her past we didnt know what led to it.
We talked about fear, and what makes people ( and some dogs and cats..) is safety, a sense of all is well.
So whenever there were New Years fireworks, they started to hold her, massage her, saying all was well...
It took a while but she did get better. Of course, she would seek my dad, and stay there for safety.
She still barks, but she is not desperate as before.
Hope it helps

Miriam Virginia Oliveira
duda.tuppence at shaw.ca