[Dailydrool] My solution to guarding the tree

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Dec 18 16:56:37 PST 2015

Well, I have a solution, I think. Today at our discount store (Ross Dress for Less), I found three panel wooden dog "gates" that are basically short, folding, standing screens/room dividers that are free standing (because 0ne panel stays straight and the two side panels fold in a bit. i got three of them so I can make a hexagon fence around the tree. I suspect I will need to join the units together with plastic ties to keep Miss M. From nudging them open.  We have the Christmas stockings hanging on a pole suspended between two high pieces of furniture. So all will be safe initially. what happens when four adults not accustomed to Mariah move in for a week and start leaving things here and there, I shudder to think,--they have been warned-- but we are starting off okay. And I, of course, am hypervigilant on her behalf, trained expertly by the combination of Mariah interracting with my absent-minded DH. Val of HawAii with Mila the mature houseguest and Mariah the mischief-maker vlbzwick at yahoo.com