[Dailydrool] Holidays are over. Phew!!!

kimberly smith puppilicious at live.com
Mon Jan 5 09:03:34 PST 2015

Hello Droolers,
I haven't posted in a while although I've been reading every day. Happy New Year
to all of you and your Basset Hounds.
The holidays were difficult for me without Maggie. December 26th was 6 months since
she passed away.  On Christmas Day, I sat on the couch with Maggie's box of
ashes on my lap and Barney by my side and I talked to her and Barney was sniffing
the box. I know he knew that that was Maggie. It made me so happy but so sad at
the same time.
So much has happened in those six months. My oldest son moved
halfway across the country for his job. Hopefully it will only be for a year.
My baby girl Amanda,18, moved out and is living with my other son Marc. Thank goodness
it's still here in the city. Maybe 1/4 of a mile away.
I just feel that being so devastated by the loss of Maggie, I was getting hit with all
these other losses.
I know a child moving away or out of the house isn't as devastating as death but I
was already grieving for Maggie so everything seemed so incredibly sad and
unbearable.
 My Barney is doing ok. He really took Maggie's death hard, as we all did. Not
until recently have I considered getting another Basset. Barney loved Maggie so
much, I don't know if it would hurt him or help him.
So needless to say, the last 6 1/2 months have taken an emotional toll on me. I
would like to thank the couple of Droolers who did send us a Christmas Card. It was
greatly appreciated.
 My son Anthony moved to San Marcos Texas and he has called me to tell me he
has seen 2 different basset hounds walking in his apartment complex. San Marcos
is a college town. I was wondering if there were any Droolers in San Marcos so
Anthony could get his "basset fix"

Thank you for letting me get some of my emotions out.
Thanks for being here.

Love,
Kimberly & Barney (I miss my sister)