[Dailydrool] Alarmist moms

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 13:24:52 PST 2015

I wonder if I'm contending for the title of "most alarmist dog mom".

On Saturday I noticed what looked like a blood blister on Harley's gumline. On Sunday it looked like a small cauliflower. there was no scent and it was not bleeding, but having lost a dog to oral melanoma in the past, my heart was in my throat.

Then I noticed a raised black patch on Harley's eyelid. Oh, doG, a hemangiosarcoma as well.

And enlarged lymph nodes. Lymphoma. Triple cancers. I did not sleep Sunday night Nd we were in the vet's office Monday morning.

and guess what?--The growth in Harley's mouth had simply disappeared. It wasn't there. My husband had seen it also, so it wasn't a hallucination. the vet thinks the black spot is a bruise and we are watching it for a week. the vet thinks Harley may have an infected tooth, accounting for the lymph nodes and the mysterious vanishing growth, so he is going in for a dental next week and is on antibiotics for this week prior. the vet will biopsy the black spot and lymph nodes if they are still unusual.

I am praying. Please let this just be a dental problem. My husband tells me I am an alarmist whose mind always races to worst possible outcomes. I think he is right. Val