[Dailydrool] Thank you for the Christmas cards

Cassie Mathews cassiem at comporium.net
Wed Jan 7 20:37:03 PST 2015

My aunt Jane Blackmon wants to thank everyone who sent her a basset Christmas card. It made her holiday. She found out 3 months ago she had breast cancer and at 72, she was sad & scared. She had 8 weeks of radiation and felt really bad. The cards cheered her up and you will never understand how grateful she is to everyone who sent her a card. She couldn't figure which names were the slaves and which were the basset's. She called me like I was suppose to know off the top of my head. I'm good but not that good.

On another note, I am starting to finish sending out my Drool Christmas cards. I had picc line inserted on Dec 2 thinking I would have 2 weeks of iv meds for a sinus infection. I had a bad reaction to the medication would resulted in kidney failure. The culture grew and came back as MRSA, new IV medication was started, Zyvox. I ended up having 20 days of the medication. It kicked my tail. To say the least, I missed Christmas and New Years. The medication was strong, I felt Blah and couldn't lift my head up. I am finally feeing better. Left the house today for the first time in 3 weeks.  My cards will be late, but they are coming.  Bare with me.

Ida Mae, Ruby Lee, and Shadow have enjoyed all of the cards they received. I have started opening them this week.

Cassie Mathews

Sent from my favorite toy, my iPad.
Cassiem at comporium.net
"I'm Southern, Catholic, and Republican!!"