[Dailydrool] Our Montana Moment

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 06:53:20 PST 2015

This mornings Daily Drool  has prompted me to say hello to all of you
out there who reads the DD and to officially wish every one of you New
Years Happiness and Health as it is on my top of the list. Also, loving
wishes and dozens of holiday greetings are still being received way up
here in Montana and I want you all to know how cheerful and happy it
makes me feel to open each and every one of your envelopes.!! Thank you
Thank you and Thank you for remembering me up here.

Yes, it has been frigid, but so has the rest of the nation!  I stay in
contact with lots of you out there, Connie, Susan, Chris, Val, Vikki,
Douglas, Donna L., Donna F, Michelle,  ,,,etc etc etc  so many more I
would love to chat with as I do prefer the phone...and yes, I still have
only an old flip up , do not text, do not do LinkedIn, and try to update
the rescue's FB pages with the help of Tricia, our newest Board of
Directors.   Technology has become a chore for me to overcome. Maybe
this year I will try hard to update my phone.

Goals for this year for me: to stay connected to all of you as best I
can;  to keep that big C word out of my vocabulary; and to finish up
loosing that last 10 pounds to keep my lipid panel in good shape.   And
finally, as with all of you , too...........to continue taking the best
care of all the Bassets in our organization that come and go!
Not on our website as yet, we have probably a year old boy, a 6 yr old
tri and one more boy coming into rescue and I am waiting to hear when.

Candy from the Dakotas and Vikki from Jamestown, Calif. (where I used to
spend some weekend time decades ago) have been so gracious in helping us
with receiving A % of sales from Petzlife and Vikki's Fudge/Jewelry
sales.   Also, Debbie's Dawgs Program has been a cherished part of all
we have received to help these seniors here.
I hope it all is listed ok on our Fundraisers tab on our website.
bassetrescueofmontana.org
Please help us by letting us know if something is left out.

moondoggie donna is having some fun raising Baby Morpheus. lol   I have
decided to send her a bottle of Petzlife All Natural Calming Gel plus
oral gel peppermint flavor.  ..........loving the products from
Petzlife.  Thank you to Candy and Bud from the company for helping us.

Lastly, beyond belief so many leaving for the Bridge and it seems we are
hardest hit right before and during and right after the
holidays.......and the heartache and grief we feel is at times
insurmountable.  Your sadness and heartache is shared with all of us who
love our dogs.    So so sorry that we cannot keep them by our sides just
a little longer.  It is that love......that boost of serotonin we get
with every snooter kiss, with every hug of that squissy dewlap,  it is
what connects us to ourselves and to others.

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Even with all the
heartache.......still more Bassets need us and we must go on.   If they
could talk, it would be they who tells us so.

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager