[Dailydrool] Greetings!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 12:19:57 PST 2015

Hello to all our friends on the Daily Drool.  I'm saddened by the news about Chuggs and Buster, and send their families our support and prayers in their grief.  We're so sorry to losesuch wonderful drooling bassets - and I still feel that Buster has set a record for his unusually large size for basset hounds.
Somehow when Richard and I stepped out of the kitchen for one minute after arriving home from the grocery store, we heard a thud and ran back to the kitchen to find that Zoeyhad taken a large section of dark red grapes off the countertop and had them in the family room, devouring as many as she could as quickly as she could.(it didn't appear that she's begun to eat them yet)  It's never easy to get anythingthat Zoey is chewing on away from her, as she seems to have strange ownership ideas of her own.  We got a large treat for her, put it next to her, and when she grabbed it, we grabbedthe grapes.  There should be a better way of training her to relinquish items she's stolen, but we haven't found one.  I hope she didn't eat too many of them, as I've heard that grapes arepoinsonous to dogs.  Anyway she seems fine and hope she doesn't develope any types of symptoms.We've enjoyed receiving our Happy Howliday cards and they are keeping smiles on our faces.  Wishing healing drool to all our sick houndies.  Let's hope we all enjoy a Happy andHealthy 2015!                      Beryl & Zoey