[Dailydrool] Requesting some drool

Kathie Goblirsch via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 3 20:37:50 PDT 2015

Gabby is spending the night on an IV (for hydration) at the emergency
vet clinic. She started acting odd a little over a week ago -- not
eating when her food was put out, but maybe hours later. This progressed
to just plain not eating at all.  She saw our vet on Wednesday -- they
took x-rays and blood for testing and a general look over.  Dr. H. said
he was diagnosing colitis and the x-rays thankfully showed nothing out
of the ordinary.  Got pills and a case of ID food and would hear about
the test results on Friday.
Gave her the ID when we got home and she promptly ate.  Then I
discovered hours later that she had vomited it all up.  She also quit
drinking.  I resorted to prying her mouth open and using a spray bottle
several time a day to get _some_ water into her. I was able to shove her
meds down her throat in a timely manner. (She is Addisonian and has been
since she was 1 year old. So getting her prednisone daily is a MUST.)
Dr. H. called me this morning (he's out of town for the weekend) and he
said that the blood work was about as normal as you might wish. "But,
somehow we're missing something."  He suggested that I consider taking
her in to the emergency clinic later (as he didn't like the idea that
she would have to wait until Monday to see him.) He also called his
clinic and had them copy all the info from her visit on Wed. and the
x-rays for me to take with me to the emergency crew.

Kathie G
Bookwyrm at comcast.net