[Dailydrool] More about Gabby

Kathie Goblirsch via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jul 4 19:51:21 PDT 2015

Went and picked Gabby up from the emergency clinic this morning -- she
had been well re-hydrated and was more perky.
Offered her a small bowl of (Dr. ordered) ID -- she took one sniff and
walked away.  So -- I opened one of the cans of cat food (turkey with
gravy) and put that down.
She came over, sniffed and ATE! (So much for feeding her a bland diet!)
So, (after a trip to the grocery) today it has been multiple small
dishes of Beneful & a few pieces of kibble.  She ignored the kibble, but
ate the canned stuff.
We had steaks for dinner tonight and after I poured some of the juices
over the kibble, she ate that too.
If things go as well tomorrow, I'll feel optimistic.  And talk to my vet
on Monday and see what he feels should happen next.
Now, all we have to do is make it through all the booming and banging
outside without her relapsing.  She is huddled under my desk at present
and has taken her Alprazolam and an extra dose of her prednisone.
Thunderstorms and fireworks are the bane of her existence.
Thanks to all for the drool and encouraging words.

Kathie G
Bookwyrm at comcast.net