[Dailydrool] Advise for Melissa and choice of vets

Pam Farris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jul 7 14:57:24 PDT 2015

Hi Melissa,
I suggest you contact a local basset rescue and ask them who they use as vets.  As you have seen,  some vets are very expensive and some are more practical and understand not all of us can afford every test and treatment for every little thing.  You would be surprised that many times there is a less expensive option to treat a dog and it is as effective as the expensive way.  Also ask questions.  I always educate myself about what a vet tells me and the suggested treatment and will call them back and discuss what I've found.
Rescues couldn't exist without their vet partners and we are very appreciative of the assistance they give us.  We tend to use very good vets that are also reasonable so that our bassets are well cared for and to make our money stretch as far as it can - the same as a family would do.
Good luck.  Never think a vet is a god just because he has a few extra letters after her/his name. Pam Farris  Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.  www.BassetRescueFlorida.com