[Dailydrool] Unusual tasks

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 15 22:31:38 PDT 2015

We are slowly removing odorous legacies from our two well loved boys who journeyed to the Bridge this year. bill has pulled out all the remaining carpeting and is laying tile himself, learning as he goes. The house is a wreck.

But I had the most unusul cleanup task. some of you may remember that our late Harley used to pull the same pee trick that Kacy's Cowboy does. Harley would stand with his front half outside/through the doggie door (hey, I'm outside so far as I can see)' and then pee (back half still inside peeing on the threshold of the door).  well, today I pried up the threshold and scraped out a good half inch of calcified pee from underneath and in the cracks. Wow--that dog pee is powerful erosive stuff!  Now I have caulked the cracks, scored and disinfected the wood, and we will lay down a new threshold piece. and I wondered why there was always a lingering eau de chien upon entering the house!

Now we are entering a new era of girl dogs and I am hoping threshold calcification will not be an issue due to differences in anatomy. Val vlbzwick at yahoo.com