[Dailydrool] Sunday updated on 2016 Daily Drool Calendar - Look what's new and happening today!

Pam Farris via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jul 26 04:33:35 PDT 2015

Good Sunday morning Droolers!

Today we have lots of things going on regarding the 2016 Daily Drool Calendar.

We currently have 59 dates still available for purchase.  These dates (that include a calendar) are available at our 2016 Daily Drool Calendar store which can be found at this link:  https://store7226218.ecwid.com/
We would love to sell out of these dates by the end of this weekend so if you haven't grabbed one...or two....or even three, do so now.   This is the "Free For All" round and you can buy as many as you wish.  This is a wonderful way to share a picture of the basset(s) in your life or who have been in your life with the rest of us!

Also in the store can be found individual calendars without a date for $29.95.  These calendars will be on sale until October 1st which is when the calendar goes to press.  If you do not already have a base to hold your calendar,  this is the place to order one.  They are $15.00 each and will be shipped with your calendar order.  To order either of these items,  please go to the store and scroll down towards the bottom of the page - you'll see them there.

All prices include shipping to the US. I will bill the people living outside of the US at the time of shipment.  Please use the notes section of your Paypal payment to include any information you would like to convey to me.

Now here is something new for this year!

All about how to get the cover or a monthly divider page
On Sunday, July 26 at 1:00pm Eastern time, we will begin an auction for the rights to the cover of the calendar as well as each of the 12 monthly divider pages. We hope this will be a highly competitive auction and would be a great way to honor someone who is special in your life. Groups of friends may want to get together and pool their money so they have a better chance of winning the cover or the monthly divider page. This auction will end on Sunday, August 2 at 1:00pm Eastern time.  Here is the auction site that will open at 1:00pm Eastern time.  Bid early, bid often and bid big!!!!
http://2016dailydrool.eflea.ca/

What are my deadlines and how do I get my information to you?
Submissions for the calendar date pages. Please email to dailydrool at bassetrescueflorida.com In the subject line, please list only the SKU number of the date you won. If you have won more than one date, please send me a separate email for each date.
For the winners of the calendar date pages, your absolute deadline for submitting your high quality, high resolution picture and the saying you want to be printed under it is Saturday, August 23rd. We also ask that you list:
Your hound’s name (s) with a star (*) if they are a rescue and (ATB) if they are at the bridge
The name(s) of the person(s) who love them
The city and state/province (and country if outside of US or Canada)Rules The rules about what is allowed on the date pages are simple:No humans in the picture

Non-bassets can be in the picture but only with a bassetFor the cover and the monthly divider pages, the absolute deadline is Saturday, August 30th

People can be included in these monthly divider pictures. We encourage you to use these monthly divider pages to honor special basset rescue people.Bassets only on the cover!!

Please take special care to have high quality high resolution pictures (thumbprint pictures will not work at all). Start taking those pictures now and do your hound proud!If you would like to pay for a date for someone who can’t participate, please email me at dailydrool at bassetrescueflorida.com . Similarly, if you know of someone who would love a calendar but who can’t afford it, you can purchase it and put in the remarks that you wish to be an angel. Please send the names, email and mailing addresses for those people you know might not be able to participate. I will do my best to match up angels to needs.

Who Benefits:
For the first 600 calendars sold, $1.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
For the 601st calendar to the 700th calendar sold, $2.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
For any calendars from the 701th calendar upwards, $3.00 from each sale will be put into the senior “pot”.
$5.00 from the sale of each calendar stand will be put into the senior “pot”.
One half of the funds raised in the calendar cover auction will be put into the senior "pot"

The senior “pot” will then be divided as follows: 1/3 to House of Puddles located in Maryland, 1/3 to BAGS (Beautiful Aging Gracefully Seniors) Basset Rescue located in Ohio and the last 1/3 will be held and distributed 1/12th each month to the rescue that Debbie’s Dawgs honors with their $5.00 Friday. This money will be paid directly to the rescue and can only be paid if they are a 501(c)(3) non-profit. If any of the rescues mentioned above fails to maintain their 501(c)(3) status, their portion will be divided between the other beneficiaries.
All expenses are being advanced by Basset Rescue of Florida and if there are any remaining proceeds, they will remain with Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc. to support their mission and hounds.  Please note - you may notice that Senior Houndsabound in Florida is no longer listed as a beneficiary.  Wen, who is their President, contacted me and said that their rescue was doing OK with money and requested that they be removed and what would have been their portion be divided between the others.  We appreciate her doing that as do the other senior rescues I'm sure, and it's wonderful to hear that they are doing well.  We know that each person has a limited amount of money they can use to support rescues and we want to make sure it gets to those in need.  Thanks Wen and Senior Houndsabound!

When will I get my calendar(s)?

We will be enforcing the above deadlines because we are committing to each of you that we will have the calendar in the mail to you no later than November 1st so that you can be assured you will have it in time to give as a holiday gift. This makes a perfect gift for your pet sitter, veterinarian, your favorite vet tech, your neighbors and anyone else who loves basset hounds. I know I will be giving quite a few this year and encourage you to do so as well.Where will you be making postings about the calendar?We will be posting reminders and deadlines periodically at the following places:
The Daily Drool email listserve
Facebook page of Dailydrool.com – the Facebook addition!
Facebook page of Basset Rescue of FloridaI encourage you to share this information far and wide and let’s get a big senior “pot” going!

If you have any questions, please contact dailydrool at bassetrescueflorida.com Please be patient as I work a day job and care for bassets in need so it may be late in the evening before I can answer emails.

Thanks in advance for your support and let’s keep this wonderful tradition alive!
Pam Farris