[Dailydrool] Drought hounds

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jun 2 18:24:59 PDT 2015

Hi all, Snoopy here,
And it's a mighty sad situation here in California.  We're in the middle of the worst drought ever.  They have even quit recharging the ground water.  Most folks have let their lawns die.  Here in our county we are on 30% mandatory conservation numbers and the basis number is not based on number of people in the household or bassets or it there is a yard or anything.  So, the clueless family has had to make some changes or else they'll put in a flow restrictor and charge them millions of dollars.  So .....
They failed to plant our garden.  The bassets in this establishment have always had their own tomato and bean and cucumber plants.  Not this year.  They have THEIR garden behind the high high gate with concrete you can't dig through under it ..... you can't get into their garden if you're a basset unless you rush the gate when they go in or out but they don't like that.  They are sneaky and tricky, these clueless humans.  They let the front lawn die and it looks like they are saving every drop. And then the side yard is mostly a concrete walk with a couple plants ..... looks innocent enough.  Then another padlocked gate.  Well, if you know the combination you can open the gate to paradise.  Green solf lush lawn, flower beds, a fountain ..... they are taking showers at the gym but they are watering our backyard at least.  I still don't understand why we have flowers instead of basset tomatos though, and I chalk it up to cluelessness.
More later from Snoopy who doesn't have his own garden this year and might have to do some serious damage next time he charges the garden gate.