[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge

Deborah L Hartpence via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 3 04:05:17 PDT 2015

Thanks for choosing BellyRubs Basset Rescue in TN/East AR/North MS for the shelter challenge this time. We have taken in so many dogs recently, and, like most places in the south, over half of them are heartworm positive and must be treated prior to being adopted out. We don't discriminate on age or health status, and even take in basset mixes if we have a foster home and the funds on hand. Like all rescues, our adoption donations don't cover all the costs to get and keep these dogs healthy, and we rely on generous donations and from fundraising, so if we win this Shelter Challenge, that would be awesome!We are having our biggest fund raiser of the year this Saturday, June 6, at Centennial Park in Nashville. Everyone is welcome to attend. We will have a band, a bbq lunch, games for the pups, and will announce our King and Queen contest winners. Hope to see some of you there. The weather is supposed to be wonderful-not too hot and not cold either.