[Dailydrool] Morse

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 3 06:28:35 PDT 2015

I have seen that before on Bassets in the spring. Does he wear tags on his
collar? If he does, take them off for awhile and leave his collar off as
much as possible.
It seems to be some kind of reaction to the tags and collar, perhaps drool,
and is almost always in the spring when the immune system is already
stressed by allergens in the air. Not sure whether drool plays a part in
this or not but suspect it does.
I picked up on this with my own dogs, and passed it along to my Vet who was
able to confirm that it has something to do with the tags.
Poor Morse, I bet it is uncomfortable as all get out.

MomPerson to Llewis, Conley & Doc