[Dailydrool] Giving PIlls

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 19 05:22:02 PDT 2015

Why I hate using hot dogs and prefer pill pockets (store bought or home
made):

Pill Pockets:

Beauford: swallows whole

Bugsey: swallows after biting in half, but doesn't spit any thing out

Browyn: I LOVE peanut butter! Swallows

Hot Dogs:

Beauford: I think I died and went to heaven! Swallows whole

Bugsey: Mom, you bought defective hot dogs. There were hard crunchy bits in
them. Don't worry though. I spit them out.

Browyn: ick.ick. These are a really weird texture, but they taste good. So
she chews the whole thing up, spits it out on the floor, and pushes it
around while I try to keep the boys from stealing her hot dog and totally
pulverized meat and zyrtec.

This morning, Bugsey was goofing off and the hot dog bounced and the next
thing I know, Beauford swallowed the whole thing in one gulp complete with
thyroid medication and omeprazole. I guess he won't have to worry about
having low thyroid or acid reflux today. Anyway, then I have to pick up all
of Bugsey's really gross meds and shove them down his throat. The only good
thing is, he is the best at this. The onoy reason we use the pill pockets
is Beauford tends to puke all over me if I shove pills down his throat.

I need to make up some more pill pocket dough! What kind of weirdo dogs
balk at eating hot dog bits? It isn't like thy are picky eaters. They eat
all manner of fruits and veggies. Although Browyn has always had issues
with texture. She is not overly found of banana or pineapple, but she loves
any dog treats I make with banana. I think she has a problem with slimey
and stringy.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess