[Dailydrool] The Advantage of Art

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 19 12:52:08 PDT 2015

​So.
We bought an inflatable e-collar for Conley because he had his nebbeminds
gently removed under cover of anesthesia. The zipper on the inflatable
failed and it was a bit too small and he had it off within seconds once,
twice, four times....
I called a friend who has Belgians and asked to borrow her Bite=not collar
and at 6:30 this morning I drove to her (beautiful rural) home and picked
it up.
And it is a smidge too big, pushing his ears forward so he looks less like
Conley and much more like a lop-eared bunny rabbit. With big white teeth.
Ooo he was unhappy...
I looked at the stitches and sure enough SOMEBODY has been at them and I
suspected Conley so that meant I daren't leave him unattended with those
stitches and no collar of any kind to protect the incision line from his
tongue.

And then I thought, well I will make one.
Cardboard is a little hard to bend, but 180 or 200 pound weight Acrylic
paper is just about right if it is folded several times horizontally. And a
little duct tape softens the edges for him and goes around the cylinder of
paper to fasten it.

Of course, getting it off will be a chore. I'll let you know.

MomPerson to Nebbermindless Conley, Nebbermindless Llewis and Mindless Doc.
Wait wait. I didn't mean it to sound like---is that a squirrel?​