[Dailydrool] Towel and duct tape e-collars

Sandi Scranton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Jun 20 16:02:00 PDT 2015

Dear Clueless Momperson,

I'm guessing that Auntie Dawn of Daphneyland adapted the rolled towel and
duct tape method of e-collaring from her EMT days.  Necessity truly IS the
mother of invention sometimes and there are simply individuals (human type)
who don't fit in a standard, rigid, stiff-neck cervical immobilization
collar, something which would be worn by a patient to keep the neck of a
person with a suspected neck injury from a car accident or other trauma,
from moving about until he/she was cleared by an ER doc or x-ray.  For
these people we did exactly that; rolled or folded a towel or towels,
placed it around the patient's neck and then secured it with adhesive tape.
 (Don't usually keep duct tape in our first aid supplies, LOL.)  It does
the trick, is more comfortable and is truly easier to size it to fit.  Sure
did give me a giggle to learn that Auntie Dawn is doing this in Daphneyland
when necessary.

Sandi, Mamaslave to Delilah Belle in NJ
NJMedic702 at gmail.com