[Dailydrool] What's in a name

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 25 13:54:08 PDT 2015

*ATB*:
*Bogz* - Belgian Shepherd mix shelter puppy.  Jack worked for Ocean Spray -
"Cranberry Bogz"
*Cysco & Ebert *- Golden retrievers - litter mates.  Cysco was for the wild
west and Ebert just seemed to be a great play.  The names fit them.
*Poppy* - aka *Mary Poppins*.  adopted Basset "old lady".  CBHR named
Poppy.  She was called "Lucky", but wasn't very lucky, living outside for 6
years.  So a new name was called for.  She answered to Poppy.

*Current pack*:
*MacKenzie.*  The whole family voted.  We wanted an "M" name. I wanted
Matilda.  I lost.  But her name fits.
*Gallagher.*  My Grandmother was a Gallagher.  At my mother's funeral, her
cousin said, "there's nothing more stubborn than a Gallagher."  We had to
name our next Basset this!
*Guinness*.  My husband loves Humphrey Bogart movies and was thinking that
Bogie would be a good name.  I said, how about Guinness, your favorite beer
and it goes with the theme?  It's always a fine day for a Guinness.  He
agreed.
*Mulligan*.  The kill shelter called her Charlotte.   We thought in keeping
with our Irish surname theme, what better name for a dog saved from death
row than the golf term for a second shot!  Mulls, the Mullster, Mully all
work.