[Dailydrool] LLewis & his mom

via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 5 15:34:12 PDT 2015

Beverly, I am SO deeply sorry to hear that Llewis has widespread cancer. I know how hard that diagnosis is to embrace. My heart aches for you. There are holistic options that can improve his quality of life, for his remaining time. A year ago, Choppy was diagnosed with advanced liver cancer. I continued to work with my traditional vet, but also began working with a holistic vet who prescribed some Chinese herbs that made an amazing difference in his quality of life. When I originally took him to the vet in April of 2014, he had gotten picky about eating. He tested positive for Cushings, and the first week of May he had an ultrasound which revealed the advanced cancer. Right after the ultrasound he began to vomit often and refused to eat most days... I didn't think he was going to make it through the end of May. That is when I consulted a holistic vet, and I'm so grateful I did...the Chinese herbs made such a huge difference. His quality of life did a 180. I lost Choppy in January, but his remaining months were good ones. Please feel free to touch base if you'd like some support...again, I am so deeply sorry.

Jacquelyn

j acquelynbaker at comcast.net