[Dailydrool] Halti

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 8 14:57:40 PDT 2015

I have used various halters and collars with my dogs. For pullers, the
Halti is not a really bad idea, though I don't know that it's the best
solution either. What I did discover was that my dogs could easily pull
out of it unless I connected the Halti up to the collar (we have always
used a martingale collar). Attaching the leash to both the Halti and
collar gives you a bit more security.
That being said, my favorite method of holding onto bassets is a sturdy
halter. My absolute favorite is the Ruffwear
harness--http://www.ruffwear.com/Web-Master-Harness_2?sc=2&category=1131--which
is especially helpful for older dogs with mobility issues. I have an
older version of this harness that I have used on two dogs who had
arthritis/back issues, and they are wonderful for that. They also are
amazing for bassets because they are so adjustable you can get a really
good fit. None of that "it fits on the chest but nowhere else" with
these harnesses. They are not particularly cheap, but they last really
well.
Pam