[Dailydrool] Continuing Saga of Bugsey

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 18 05:26:15 PDT 2015

I found out the animal crackers were really a loaf of white bread. This
makes more sense to me. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how dry
animal crackers would ball up like that. White bread will. That is why they
had me feed Bubbles ATB and Bismark ATB each half a loaf of white bread
when they ate 6 of the old fashioned, huge outdoor light bulbs. They wanted
the bread to ball up around the lightbulbs and cover them as they went
through the digestive tract. They also had me give them mineral oil. The
difference here was that Bugsey is allerrgic to bread. I think he ate the
whole loaf, and because I didn't know. he didn't get any mineral oil.

The bad news is the mom is completely clueless. Her kids would never feed
my dogs. They have been told not to. They don't even stand by the fence.
She did give them a loaf of bread to feed to the ducks on the day in
question.

The three year old is totally out of control and always tryingto get in our
fence. He can get his arms up to his shoulders in around the gate.
Ironically, I knew everyone was being too good outside for too long. I
think Bugsey is the only one brave enough to eat from a strange kid at the
fence, but who knows. He is the only one allergic to wheat.

She was going to have a serious talk with the kids about how dangerous it
is for the dogs to be fed. I hope this works. These are not mean people.
They are really sweet. They are just clueless.

Bugsey still looks a little rough. He lost a lot of weight, 6 lbs. (12% of
his body weigh). I keep my guys lean enough that this mean he is looking a
little anorexic. I can fix that. The good news is he is starting to feel
his regular self again. He was helping the dad in the yard yesterday and he
wanted to flop in my lap and get one on one time last night. He was feeling
so bad, he just laid on the floor and didn't move there for a little while.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess