[Dailydrool] Today's Calendar and The Wulfgang

Kim Dworak via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon May 18 14:07:29 PDT 2015

Today's calendar has Gunter, my heart and soul dog on it.  He's been atb for two years, I still miss him like crazy.  He was a happy crazy boy who had no concept of edges and would roll right off the couch sometimes.  He lived to kill squeaky toys and guard our part of the street.  He loved looking out the window, the top of the couch was his favorite perch (he thought he was part gazelle, and we never told him otherwise).  He adored puppies and kids.  He would let them do anything they wanted to him.  And he loved The Wulfgang, very much - they were inseparable.  He was a wonderful, special dog.
Now The Wulfgang has calmed down quite a bit the last few years.  No more ripping curtains out of the wall and shredding them, not much counter surfing, no more chewing furniture to death, we moved the garbage so he can't get to it and he's generally been really good.  If you are wondering, yes he truly does need a the in front of his name.  If you met him you'd understand.  He is such a little diva.  Oh you want me to go outside? Well, pet my belly.  Then wait while I walk around the table 3 times and stretch. Ok, now I'm ready, what took you so long? Yes I will scream bloody murder before you even try to move me when I took your spot on the couch.   The ceramic dog bowl is in the dishwasher?  Well I don't want to drink out of this bowl.  You should wash the other bowl.  You aren't going to come by me with that bottle of blue stuff are you?  I'm going to hide in the back of my crate until you put it away.  No, I'm not coming out, even for treats.  Put it away.  So besides the diva stuff which we are used to, because he has us very well trained, he's been an angel.  Until last week.  Wednesday I stopped and got an iced (decaf) coffee from Dunkin Donuts (My favorite) and he took it off the ottoman and drank about half before I caught him (he's never shown an interest in any kind of coffee before).  Then the next day, I had opened a new can of pumpkin and put was going to put it in a bowl, but I had to go to the bathroom.  I put it all the way on the back of the counter, which was previously a dog safe zone, and when I came back, the 28oz can was on the floor, empty and he was looking very satisfied with himself standing next to it.  If you've ever wondered what would happen if your dog ate a 28oz can of pumpkin, I can tell you they will poop.  A LOT.  More than you can imagine.  And if they are a diva, they will look at you like it's your fault when you find the pile in the kitchen that is as big as their head.
The score for last week is:coffee Mom 1/2, The Wulfgang 1/2pumpkin Mom -50000, The Wulfgang Wins
Love and drool to all of you,Kim with Hal (he really is a diva), The Wulfgang (yep, that's how I roll), Heidi (OMG) and Gunter atb