[Dailydrool] Holly Da Dolly

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 29 12:01:58 PDT 2015

Holly Da Dolly, June 15, 2000-May 29, 2015

It is with deep sorrow that I share that Holly slipped into he arms of
her Creator this afternoon, following what was either a stroke or
pulmonary embolism. I had gone out to buy some foods to tempt her
appetite. When I came home, I found her collapsed on our dining room
floor. Drew rushed home to help me take her to the vet. There was really
nothing more that could have been done.

Holly will be much missed by her humans and Horton, who I believe saw
her as his mama. Dexter may be glad not to have his nose nipped, but I'm
sure he did not wish his sister anything but good. There is a large
space left in our home and hearts today. As a pack leader (of the real
kind) she ruled with an iron paw, and we will miss having her in charge.

We are thankful to have shared three years of her life and only wish
that she could have stayed longer.

Holly came into rescue when her humans were moving and did not want to
deal with her health issues. She was borderline with Cushing's disease,
and they glibly told me they did not think it was fair to make her
travel all that way (I would have stopped every hour to let her pee
before I gave her up, but that was too big an inconvenience, I guess).
She definitely had it better here.

Holly came to us at age eleven, the same age her almost-look-alike
Alexis Grace left us. I always thought of her as God's way of letting me
have the years I'd never been able to share with Alexis, who had come
from even worse circumstances. I wanted Lex to stay with us for many
years and enjoy all the things she'd missed out on in a home that did
not care well for her. Having Holly healed the hurt that I could not do
that.

We know that she was much loved and will be greatly missed.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who have one more heavenly hound