[Dailydrool] Dog Ramps

Lisa K. Metzler via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed May 27 15:55:35 PDT 2015

Dog Ramps:

About 10 years or so ago, when I was first indoctrinated into the Ways of the Bassets, I purchased a 5' x 17" one-piece, molded plastic ramp for my then-BUV, a Ford Windstar, from http://dogramp.com/dogramp/.  It is still in service today.  I LOVE IT!!  It is VERY sturdy, has carpeting for doggy toes to grip, and best of all, I can literally handle it with one hand if need be.  It is light in weight, but NOT in its construction.  It can support 200 pounds easily, and I've even used it for things other than hounds...like heavy suitcases.  I highly recommend DogRamps.com.  The service from them was quick, too.

 I wish now, though, that I'd seen into the future a bit more and bought the longer, telescoping ramp because my Honda Odyssey sits a bit higher in the rear deck where my crates go and makes the incline a bit steep, so I have to help the kids into the van by using their harnesses as "handles".  My present ramp is ideal for getting them in and out the side doors, though, because it makes a lower incline.  I am looking to purchase the longer ramp, and will definitely go back to these folks when I buy.

For those of you with a pool, check out their pool ramps, too!

Lisa Metzler (toppogigio at yahoo.com)
Addie, Annie, Ariel, Madison, and Rocky
...and Penelope, Jasmine, and Pelly (ATB)

Sent from my iPad