[Dailydrool] Morse and his indiscretions

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Nov 1 16:35:45 PST 2015

Becky, welcome to my world!  Bosley is 12 1/2 and has
neurological problems so we deal with poop in undesirable
places and situations every day.  Sometimes we don’t even
get out of our neighborhood before poor Bos has an accident.
Trust me, I walk him and go out with him several times to
make sure he goes before we get in the car but he always
manages to have saved some for me to clean up. I keep a
little kit in the car - baby wipes, paper towels, a bottle of
water for when baby wipes aren’t enough, poop bags, rubber
gloves and a larger trash bag to put any soiled blankets and
towels in. I take replacement blankets or towels with me and
just roll with it. And if we get to the vet or wherever without an
accident in the car, be assured he will most likely have one in
the waiting room or elsewhere. Bos, like Morse, would never do
such a thing if he could help it.

Be prepared because he may start doing this in the house, most
likely on his way to the doggie door . . .  we just quietly pick it up
and pat our sweet boy on the head as we move toward disposing
of the mess.  Fortunately, he has those nice big boy poops so
clean up isn’t too bad.  We have always limited our dogs’ access to
certain parts of the house so that helps keep his accidents in tile or
laminate areas.  Elmo is my only other basset to have had this
problem - another sweet boy who would never soil anywhere
he wasn’t supposed to if he could have helped it.

Good luck and smooches to Morse!

Donna, drool fueler for 12 paws again