[Dailydrool] Trembling?

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Nov 7 15:11:53 PST 2015

Hi all,

I'm seeking some advice re trembling, which Paddi is doing.

We first noticed her trembling on Thursday evening. This is something she
usually does when she's waiting for dinner to be served, so we figured
maybe she was hungry and gave her a snack. She thought this was a wonderful
idea. Trembling stopped at that point.

Yesterday afternoon and today I notice that she is trembling sometimes. She
does it for a few minutes, and then it stops. She isn't entirely acting
herself while the trembling happens -- she seems a little abashed or
nervous, with a very apologetic little tail wag when I talk to her.

She doesn't seem to have a fever, but I don't have a thermometer. She has
been acting normally most of the time except for these periods -- some
friends came over and she was delighted to see them, hurried down the
driveway to woof at me when I got home, etc. Her eyes are bright, nose is
cool, etc.

I know trembling can be a symptom of pain, and I'm wondering about a dental
problem. She will be visiting her personal physician Monday (this doesn't
seem to be an emergency vet or on-call issue), but I'm wondering in the
meantime if anyone has any speculation or suggestions?

Thank you very much.
Mary for Paddi B Basset, who dislikes trembling (makes you look fraidy)
& Simba the bleke dog (who worries)

​mary.gabriola at gmail.com