[Dailydrool] Rolph update

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Nov 12 22:35:28 PST 2015

I am very pleased to say Rolph is much better today. We saw a new vet yesterday, who told me starvation was a bad thing to do to a dog shooting blood from its behind. He said the blood had came from him "popping a blood vessel" while straining and that the gut needed food to repair itself.
In all the years I have owned dogs (more than 50) been a mum (more than 30) and been a workplace first aider (more than 10) I have never seen so much blood come from one creature, unless an act of violence preceded it. I was frightened.
However, after an injection, and more meds to take at home, the worst of the symptoms have ceased and I am just left with a clingy dog, who is eating small portions of chicken and rice and being put in his place by a grumpy older sister who did not appreciate another early morning run to the vet.
Thank you for the kind messages and drool.
Sally,with poorly Rolph and Nurse Clara, UK